Monday, September 6, 2010

A GIRL’S STORY

As a toddler I crawled around,
People around me to surround…

Timely food, sleep and endless care,
Of which then nothing could I share…

Grew I into a kid,
Still better off and well fed…

Demanded many chocolates and toys,
Playing around with young girls and pulling legs of boys…

Gradually does this innocence dissolves,
As young girl I turn into…

Many problems arise for me to resolve,
Because that phase of life is new too…

My demands conflict my desires,
For the world seem to satire…

Prominent becomes restlessness and impatience that wasn’t my identity hitherto,
Since my apparent rights are against the virtues…

But like passing clouds does this phase pass,
And I turn into a mature big girl…

Big enough to decide between right and wrong,
To match steps with my mum and walk along…

Mature enough to discuss issues that were once adult talks,
And take a road that was supposed to have weird walks…

Today I question how life turned out this way,
How this fetus grew up this way…

What I learnt is endless in this journey so far,
Which has certainly put me at par…

Exuberant am I for this wonderful experience,
But hold on there is more to this unfolded suspense…

***

1 comment: