Monday, December 13, 2010

LOSE YOURSELF

LOSE YOURSELF

Tearing the sleep my eyelids open
To see you gripped onto your couch
That manly charade covered with innocence
Triggers me to launch…

I cover you with a blanket and kiss your forehead
Quickly do you draw yourself inwards
The ‘you’ now is so charming that
Even your lull speaks a thousand words…

How you have been there whenever I needed you
Sometimes as hanky and sometimes as bolster
Always a shoulder to lay my head and weep
Shooing away my worry monster…

Ever ready to share things
And to celebrate my victory
Surprising me with chivalric gifts
Weaving beautifully my life-story…

You maximized my happiness and
Minimized my pains
Certain was I with you
That noting goes in vain…

Thinking this, tears roll down my eyes
To not have recognized you so far
And I’m wondering whether
I ever can make it at par…

Because all I expected was a mere friendship
And a relationship of beautiful understanding
But you proved yourself
To be outstanding…

How is it that you know me so well
That my needs were met before said
Why are you being so nice without receiving anything
“What if I never like you the way you do?? “ don’t you dread…

I part myself from you, to the groceries
To start with my daily chores and to make you a tea
In the cupboard I find a torn note
Dated 4th July and here it goes:

“Happy Birthday Sweetheart
Enjoy your day fully
And as you wanted
Today is Sunday, thankfully…

All I wanna say is
I’ll strive till the end to win your heart
Because I’m blessed to have you in my life
And all I want is HAMEESHA YOUR SAATH “…

I hear your foot steps
Nearing the kitchen
Hurriedly I crumble the note
And hide it under the ignition…

An assurance that I discovered nothing
And everything is the same
We have the morning tea
And begin with our daily game…

Within an hour you leave home
And now it’s just me and my note
Wondering how do I let out that
I too feel the same as what you wrote…

The day passes and there you return
Weary and tired you enter the apartment
I get you, your evening snack
But today is a little different…

I sit beside you and not diagonally opposite
Unlike the usual “we”
Slowly I hold your hand as I look down
And you look at me…

Turning my neural vocabulary pages
Surprised to find them plain
You wonder what’s wrong with me
That’s strangling my vein…

I with a heavy voice call out to him
And tell him how much I regret to not have understood
That he attended all my frantic calls
And ran up to wherever I stood…

I say this with my head bent
And can see his head lowering too
Trying to make an eye contact
And heart of heart I feel “HOW CUTE”…

He slowly lifts my head
And says in a gentle tone
“Don’t feel sorry and regret
I’m glad you realized it so soon“ …

He continued saying
“This day is very special for me
As I have finally succeeded
And this calls on for a treat”…

Seeing this again
Tears drop down my eyes
Looking at me he smile
Raising his arm to wipe…

Settling down for dinner
It was a different feeling that day
Both of us so damn happy
And with loads to share…

This was a beginning of a new story
A new journey for “us”
And adventure with loads of love, care, happiness
And little fights, drama and fuss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment