I pick up my phone to attend the call
Just to hear my friend calling me to her villa opposite to the mall…
Pleading me to make it to her birthday party tonight
To which with sarcasm I reply “yeah right”…
Gushingly I make it to the villa right at 10
To see the place brimming with her friends…
Quickly I sneak in to find the birthday babe
Rolling across the room as if I’m drape…
On my way I’m stopped
Like for once my mind is robbed…
My eyes transfixed reading someone’s gestures
That individual standing opposite to me, unique amongst the present creatures…
For once when our eyes met
The world around us seized…
Many questions raised in my mind
Answers to which were difficult to find…
“Yes!! you are the same one
With whom I thought it was all done”…
Without further delay I moved towards exit gate
Without even thinking about my mate…
All through my way I’m disturbed
Because of that meeting that has made me all perturbed…
I throw myself at a place so lonely
Such that it’s me only
Sitting there I get reminded of days when we were best buddies
For whom it was always joys and no worries…
How without realizing we got so close
But due to fear of losing you I could never disclose…
Disclose, how much I liked you
A feeling that was so true…
How I kept mentioning about my “guy”
A description very similar to you, but sigh…
Sigh, wondering are you really not getting it
Or ignoring it, thinking it’s my wit…
Then, I couldn’t decipher what you were thinking
Because all I knew was that towards you my heart was drifting…
Things changed as we entered last year
Glued to project work and sooo many exams to clear…
Soon were we into our worlds unknown
Reaping benefits of seeds sown…
We lost all contacts and touch
Busy with our lives too much
When I saw you today I realized you haven’t changed
But meeting you today was a little strange…
After looking at me when you stood still
I could sense that same feeling within…
Now all my queries have resolved
Because the tears trickling down my eyes, in your tears they dissolved…
“I’m sorry I just walked off”
Because talking to you now is little tough…
I fear what if the proximity increases and I fall for you again
Now things are not same but have changed…
As things are fixed
I’m someone’s fiancée and you are doing wonders in the career you kissed…
Now there was no way we could get back
Because our lives are running on different tracks…
But somehow I can never forget you
Since willingly we separated each other by the lines we drew…
This love between us is so unique and innocent
And beautiful were the times that together we spent…
really nice shwe! Its memories that are integral parts of our lives :))
ReplyDeletethanks manasa :D
ReplyDelete